In the world of male sex toys, the penis ring may well be the most popular and widely used. Even though dozens of manufactured rings are available, some men prefer to go with a homemade version. As long as attention is paid to ensure proper use and continued good penis health, homemade penis rings can be a fun DIY experience.
There are a number of reasons why a man might prefer a DIY penis ring to one that can be purchased at a sex toy shop or online. Some of these reasons include:
1. Cost. There can be a wide variation in the cost for these special rings; a basic rubber model may be only a few dollars, but a more deluxe version with vibrating capability can easily go $20 or higher. Frugal shoppers may prefer a DIY method to save a few bucks to spend on a special date (or to stock up on condoms).
2. Embarrassment. Some men just don’t feel comfortable going into a store, standing in the sex toy aisles and then paying for a choice at the cashier. Even ordering online may be embarrassing for some men – or they may just not want to have it show up on their shared credit card statement.
3. Creativity. We are living in an increasingly DIY world; more and more, people like to individualize everything from their cell phone covers to their wardrobe choices, so why not their sex toys? A homemade ring gives a man the opportunity to let the toy say something special about him.
4. Trial run. It’s not a bad idea for a man to try out a ring with an inexpensive homemade version to see what he thinks before taking the plunge with the “pro” models.
What can one use?
A penis ring is a circular device typically slipped over the penis or (more usually) the penis and testicles. It restricts the flow of blood into and out of the penis; this can often increase both the firmness and the duration of a man’s erection.
Any object that can fit around the genitals and provides some tightness can be used. Some popular DIY options include:
- Shoelaces or other strings. This is one of the easiest options. Simply tie up the genitals in the appropriate manner. Because it is tied, this option is easy to loosen or tighten as desired and usually easy to remove.
- Rubber bands. These are also popular, although it’s usually a good idea to use a good lubricant when applying; otherwise, the rubber bands can be a bit painful when removing. There also is the risk that the rubber band may snap or become too tight.
- Rubber bracelets. Many of the popular rubber bracelets found on the street are a perfect size for use as a penis ring. Again, proper lubrication is required.
- Plumber’s rings. Many plumbing supply stores sell rubber or metal rings for various plumbing uses that are an appropriate size for genital rings. (Lubrication, of course, is a must.)
Use with care
As with any sex toy, appropriate care must be taken when using a penis ring. Sufficient lubrication is always a good idea. Other things to remember are:
- Use only for a limited amount of time. Some men want to walk around with an erection for hours at a time, but this can cause damage to the penis. It’s best to use a ring when embarking on a sexual experience (solo or with a partner) and then to remove it as soon as the experience is over.
- If there is any pain, discomfort or numbness that occurs with the ring, loosen or remove it altogether.
- Consult a doctor before using with medications intended to treat erectile dysfunction.
A homemade penis ring can be an excellent introduction to this form of sex play; for some men, the ensuing sexual activity may result in a sore (if very happy) penis, so always use a high quality penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) for after-care. The soreness of an overworked penis will respond readily to the benefits of a high end emollient such as shea butter and a natural hydrator like vitamin E. But make sure the cream also includes L-arginine, an important ingredient in helping to maintain proper penis blood flow.
Have you ever prepared a beautiful salad with all the fixins (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, boiled egg, cilantro, green onions, kale, cabbage, etc.), you know, one of those salads that take about a half hour to fully prepare, only to realize that you only have enough dressing to cover one bite of your awesome salad? Well, NEVER FEAR, I am here to tell you that you can make your own salad dressing that will have you enjoying your DELICIOUS salad in less than 5 minutes. Skeptical? Well, don't be, I'm Not Joking!
You can find the complete list of ten DIY salad dressings all over the Internet that are sure to knock your socks off and wow your guests! Whether you enjoy Ranch, Italian, Poppy Seed, Asian ... there is at least one dressing you will love (Guaranteed!) =)
Most of the dressings have only four or five ingredients, and I'm not talking about ingredients you have to go out of your way to buy ... I'm talking about normal, everyday ingredients in your fridge or in your pantry / kitchen cabinet. It's about time that we stop paying $ 3 + dollars on salad dressing, when we can make it ourselves for a quarter of the price.
So, in this article I am going to cover the recipe for the top two dressings to start off with and then, if you're interested in learning more, you can. The recipe calls for enough ingredients to make one serving, so keep that in mind when you are making it. You will want to ensure you make enough for everyone! Let's go ahead and get started:
Poppy Seed Dressing:
1 - You will want to start off with 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
2 - Next add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 - Then mix in 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
4 - Lastly add in 1/2 teaspoon of poppy seeds, a pinch of garlic powder (and if you like a bit of spice add a pinch of chopped jalapenos)
... OR ... You could try:
1 - Start off with 2 teaspoons of BALSAMIC vinegar
2 - Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 - Add 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
4 - A dash of Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice
5 - Lastly, shake on a pinch of garlic powder and some salt and pepper
THAT'S IT! You're done. I told you it would be quick and easy (and painless). Now drizzle over salad and ENJOY!