Body wraps are a cosmetic procedure, which is meant to create a greenhouse effect in problem areas of the body using special wrapping clothes or specialty wrapping material. Generally, body wraps is a procedure done by professionals in day spas, but they can be done at home too.
How Do Body Wraps Work for Fat Loss?
The aim of the procedure is for the skin to be nourished by all the necessary substances contained in the wrapping mixture. The pores get narrow and skin texture is slightly smoothed. Wrapping promotes the resorption of cellulite plaques, gives the skin elasticity and smoothness, reduces the volume, and enhances blood circulation.
Preparing for Body Wraps
• Clean the skin with a scrub or peeling with sea salt or seaweed extracts. You can massage problem areas using a scrub.
• The mixture for wrapping should be smooth and elastic; otherwise you will not be able to apply it to the skin.
• The mixture is applied in thick or a thin layer on problem areas -thighs, buttocks, and abdomen. Wrap the treated areas with a plastic film for it to warm up and better absorb the microelements contained in the mixture or prepared product. The film will retain heat and not allow the product to dry. Then wrap yourself in a blanket or sleeping bag, if you have one. Some body wrapping require you to move around.
• When wrapping time is complete, wash off the remains of the wrap in the shower and you can take a bath with sea salt afterwards then apply anti-cellulite cream or a tonic.
• The course of home wraps should include 5-10 more procedures. It is best to repeat them every two days or as directed.
• If contraindications are experienced, consult with your doctor.
Types of Body Wraps
1. Weight Loss Body Wraps
An effective wrap for weight loss and cellulite is made with honey + 2ml papaverine (ampoules) + 2ml caffeine (2 ampoules). Mix the components, apply on the skin with massage movements (abdomen, buttocks, thighs), cover with a film and leave for 3 hours; put on warm clothing or underwear. For better results you should move —do sports, cleaning, or dancing. Then take a shower and apply body cream.
2. Anti-Cellulite Body Wraps
For anti-cellulite wraps, you can use clay, algae, mud, essential oils, warm honey, etc.
One of the options is 2 tablespoons of kelp or seaweed (available at drugstores). The algae should be mixed with warm water and left for 15 minutes to swell. Then add the yolk of 1 egg, 10 drops of essential citrus oil and 20 drops of camphor oil. Mix the components well and spread a think layer over problem areas. Wrap with a film. The wrap is rather messy, so you will need oilcloth and a sheet and a blanket to wrap yourself with. Lie down for 30-60 minutes. Then, take a shower and apply body cream.
Oil Body Wraps as Cellulite Treatment
The basis of such wraps is wheat sprout oil, hazelnut oil, almond oil, and jojoba. Add essential oil or blend of essential oils. For 20 ml or base oil, add 3 drops of lemon, juniper and lavender oil. Make sure essential oils are thoroughly mixed and then added to the base oil.
Apply the oil mixture onto the problem areas, and then wrap the body with a plastic film. It is desirable to put on warm clothes. You may actively move or lie under a blanket for 0.5-1 hours. Then, take a shower and apply anti-cellulite cream.
Body Wraps with Green Tea
Ingredients: 5 tablespoons of powered green tea, 2 tablespoons of honey, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, hot water.
Preparation: Pour boiling water over the powdered tea to get a paste, then add honey and cinnamon and mix until smooth. Apply the warm mixture onto the problem areas, wrap with foil and lie down under a warm blanket for 30-60 minutes. Wash off with warm water and apply anti-cellulite cream with massaging movements.
Effect: fights cellulite wonderfully, smoothens and awakens the skin, tighten and strengthens it, produces an antioxidant effect. Green tea wrap is contraindicated to people suffering from varicose veins and appendages inflammation.
• Drink 3 liters of water daily to keep skin healthy and hydrated.
• Increased amount of toxins in the blood also causes cellulite on the skin. Use detoxifying juice or syrup once per month to flush toxins out of your body.
• Eat clean, alkaline and unprocessed salt to lessen the occurrence of cellulite.
• Consume fish or fish oil pills for skin nourishment. They add elasticity to the skin, thus reduces cellulite.
• Workout regularly.
• Eat a healthy diet of fresh green leafy vegetables and fresh low glycemic fruits.
• Use milk based moisturizer twice a day to trim down cellulite.
• Cut down on consumption of salt and sugar.
• Include honey, carrots, and wheat and gluten, broccoli and protein rich meat to minimize the occurrence of cellulite.
• Avoid fried food, junk food, spicy sauces and salty snacks while using the treatment for cellulite reduction as it increases cellulite in your body.
• Dehydration is the main cause for a variety of skin problem including cellulite. Drinking inadequate water, drinking a lot of carbonated drinks and soda also causes cellulite, so avoid them.
• Post pregnancy cellulite needs to be treated only after 40 days of delivery. Starting cellulite treatment earlier than 40 days may cause side effects on the skin surface for women who have had Caesarean stitches on the body.
Food, the principle source of energy for our body is also a source of disease and uneasiness. Safer the food is healthier a person will be. Due to industrialization and environmental degradation the quality of available food is also degraded. Excessive use of insecticides, pesticides and chemical fertilizers has increased the food quantitatively but not qualitatively. When a consumer eats a food which is produced by excessive use of chemicals then the health of consumer is on the edge of vulnerability. So providence of safe and healthy food is a big issue, organically grown fruits and vegetables are most beneficial for health and for producing organically grown food, kitchen gardening or home gardening is the most reliable activity. It is a hobby and also a need for health conscious people.
In kitchen gardening plants are grown for consumption in house, majorly kitchen gardening is considered as growing of vegetables for consumption in house, but kitchen gardening is more than production of vegetables only. Kitchen gardening or home gardening is an art, technology and technique of maintaining nature and growing fruits, vegetables, spices, condiments and medicinal herbs in a family house, for in house consumption or in either way for kitchen use. It is said, that there are certain limitations for practicing kitchen gardening, that, this system must comprise of a family house, having a recreational area or a garden, for practicing this technique but, our point of view is, that it can also be practiced on roof-tops by using containers and pots.
If there is no availability of space on the ground then this healthy gardening activity can be practiced on house tops by the use of pots and containers. Requirement of spare time for garden establishment and management is a considerable factor; a person can only spend time in this gardening activity if he has interest in it, so to develop interest in gardening is a key factor for establishment and management of kitchen gardens. For practicing garden activity one should know the skills to establish and manage a garden. So, space, time, interest and skills are some major aspects needed for establishment of kitchen gardens.
While thinking about a kitchen/home garden, the main motive which comes in one's mind is providence of healthy and nutritious food but benefits of kitchen/home gardens are far more than that. Garden plants and their various colors stimulate healthy brain activity. Green colour can also act positively in enhancing brain efficiency. Children and youth should also be involved in such practices; by this they can increase their exposure to fruit and vegetable consumption. For increasing children and youth involvement in garden based activities there is a need for garden based educational programs. These garden based educational programs will increase healthful eating behavior in children as well as in youth, leading to self-aware and healthy generation.
Kitchen gardening technique can also be practiced by housewives. They can adopt this technique as a hobby; by practicing kitchen gardening they will be able to reduce daily expenses and can ensure the providence of healthier, nutritious, cheaper and quality vegetables for their family.
So it can be concluded that kitchen gardens or home gardens can play a vital role in reducing health hazards and can ensure providence of healthy and nutritious vegetables.