With time, the perspective of fashion changes. Once, what was a ‘cool’ trend, probably now is out of trend! Today, starting from clothes to matching accessories, handbags to shoes – everything you can buy online. The enhancements in the app development field have a great contribution to make it possible. If you are a fashion freak and love to keep yourself updated with the ongoing fashion trends in the latest market, read on! Here is a list of top-rated fashion apps of this year.
This news app is available for both desktop and mobile versions. Any kind of fashion related blogs, latest news is available on Feedly. The most important feature of this application is that it has impressive integration with other popular apps like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, IFTTT, Twitter and so on. Looking for any blogs on latest fashion trends or news, Feedly would not disappoint you. However, setting up this app might take a few minutes. You can get Feedly on your smartphone without spending a single penny.
Polyvore is a well-known name in the list of most popular fashion apps that are trending in the market today. It is a famous community, where discussion on latest trendy fashion products, sales, ideas etc. go on. More interestingly, this app provides a few customisation tools along with smooth shopping options. Other than fashion products and accessories, if you want to get new ideas for furniture items for home decor, Polyvore would give you plenty of ideas and references. You can get this application from Google Play Store at free of cost.
#3 The Hunt
Clothes, jewellery, accessories – The Hunt is the online marketplace for almost any fashion stuff that you can think of. Here, you can post different fashion ensembles. More interestingly, you can see posts of other members suggesting or recommending cheaper versions of any particular product. Even though The Hunt is not entirely bug-free, for finding creative and new ideas on fashion trends, to satisfy the quench of your shopping spree, to interact with like-minded fashion freaks around the world, this app is very useful.
To explore new and creative ideas, Pinterest is a very good choice. Not only fashion related posts, you can find a lot of other interesting stuff on this popular application. Even for one-of-a-kind type of stuff, Pinterest is an intriguing app to dig in. Using this social media application, you can pin all the things that you like to your personal profile for the future references. The fascinating point about Pinterest is that it is available for free of cost without any kind of in-app purchases and it smoothly integrates with some of the other popular apps.
Other than all the above-mentioned mobile applications, Poshmark, Etsy etc. are some other popular names in the list of available fashion apps in the market of 2018.
In 2004 The United States department of Labor reported that the number of injuries and fatalities from falls from roofs and ladders had increased. This report focused on occupational injuries that generally occur among trained personnel, which speaks to an even greater safety concern over DIY projects utilizing ladders.
Most accidents occur from incorrect use of the ladder or materials. Before you begin a project make sure that you have gone through safety preparations and are familiar with the tools to be used. As in most DIY projects, the best safety precaution is to think out your task thoroughly before beginning. You should have confidence in both yours and your equipment's ability to complete the project.
Once you have decided that you need to use a ladder to complete your project, make sure that you have the right type of ladder. There are many types of ladders all with their own advantages and disadvantages, which may include weight and height limits. If you are not sure that your ladder is the best fit for the job, make sure to consult a professional.
Some general things to look for in a ladder are:
How strong is it?
How tall is it?
Is it made primarily for indoor or outdoor use?
What material is it made out of (certain materials can have unique weaknesses or safety concerns)?
Does it have any cracks?
Does it have a coating such as paint that could cover defects?
Are the rungs secured?
Are the footpads secure and dry?
Diving into your Project:
While you may be eager to get started on your project, please take the time to ensure that your ladder is set-up correctly and that you know how to use it safely.
1. Make sure your ladder is steady. Place the ladder on a surface that is strong and level; also make sure that the ladder is not on top of any slippery materials.
2. If using a stepladder, make sure that the spreader arms are in the locked, open position.
3. If you are using a straight or extension ladder, make sure the ladder is resting at the correct angle to the wall or structure it is leaning on. The angle is normally 75-80 degrees. Or for every 4 ft high the ladder is on the wall, make the base 1 ft away from the bottom of the wall.
4. If using a straight or extension ladder, make sure that the top of the ladder is resting against a straight and solid surface.
5. Make sure that you have at least three points of contact with the ladder when working, such as two feet and one hand.
6. Wear flat shows or boots with grip when working on a ladder
7. Do not carry heavy items while climbing the ladder, use some type of hoist or pulley system to retrieve the items instead
8. Don't work on a ladder in strong wind
9. Don't allow children near the ladder
10. Never stand on the top two rungs of the ladder
11. Stay centered and facing the ladder when climbing or working
These ten tips will help keep you safe, however they are not all-inclusive. If you have any questions about your ladder or safety concerns about your project, make sure to consult an expert.