Some people are cut out for just this. It starts early, that careful grooming of hair, nails, hands, feet and face, it may extend to lifestyles and food habits that will maintain the ideal body shape, keen interest in fashion trends and knowledge of beauty secrets passed down the ages and beauty tips for the not so patient listener.
Conde Nast started Vanity Fair, the popular magazine on fashion, culture and current affairs in 1913. A hundred years later, it is still publishing monthly articles on notable people, fashion trends, world events and carries full page portraits of beautiful celebrities. He was just one. There are many like that who would like to share the world of fashion and beauty that is so much within their reach with the rest of the world.
With the advent of the world wide web and blogging, publishing a magazine is no longer necessary. There are many bloggers who write about the very same things one would find in a world class magazine like Marie Claire, Vogue or Vanity Fair. There are so many blogs that the first twenty, or the first fifty has been rated for the reader’s convenience.
The outstanding reason behind a successful fashion and beauty blog is the knowledge that you the blogger have something different to say and works hard at saying it.
What are the other reasons that go into making a successful fashion blog or beauty blog?
A fashion blog is like having a fashion magazine online. While a magazine has different departments and people to take care of writing, photography, art department, sales, etc. a blogger basically has to do all of this on his or her own.. Some of the skills required for this job of having a fashion blog are
· Writing skills – writing should be appealing and readable. Anything that’s boring and dull will not get readers
· Editing skills – punctuation and grammar should be right – translating into something the reader can trust.
· Modelling and being a stylist – should not be awkward when it comes to modelling in clothes. A certain level of comfort and confidence in your own body is essential. A sense of style which can create a unique statement which is creative and interesting is essential.
· Photography/ Creative visualization – Basic photography skills with a high quality camera with knowledge of lighting and angles is a great asset to have
· Photo editing skills as in Photoshop for lighting, color, shadows is essential for those pictures which will attract traffic to your fashion blog
· Social media skills – must be conversant with Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ etc. Making the accounts in all these visually appealing will generate more interest to the benefit of your blog.
· Ad sales and Public Relations – This has to do with advertising your blog with a little bit of showing off your achievements in order for advertisers to tie up with your blog. Public relations is establishing good relations with brands and companies that are relevant to the matter of your blog.
· Basics of web design and HTML – will help you make changes or fix bugs on your website without having to resort to expensive outside help.
It snowed last night for the first time this year in my area of Southern Ontario and it got me to thinking about boots,winter coats and the three kitties that call my place home.
"Get me some proper boots and you won't lack for fur caps , nor for decent meals, nor for anything else" said the puss in boots to the son. When I think of "the puss in boots" from my childhood, I remember all the favorite reading times, and imagining that cat in boots. At the time it seemed strange to think of a cat in boots, but today with all the new and cute pet clothes available the thought is not that strange. There are actually boots for cats and pet owners are using them, but if you are thinking of purchasing them, then you should proceed with caution.
Pet clothes, including pet clothes for cats is becoming quite popular, and a number of different pet stores and pet accessory shops offer different types of clothing including in some cases, winter boots for cats.
The question is does your cat need winter boots? Well, if you live in cold climates and your cat goes outside, he may be able to benefit from winter boots. The problem is that cats have such an independent nature, and their claws are so much a part of the way they sense things that it may be difficult to get the cat to become accustomed to the winter boots.
As pets get older and that includes cats, they need extra help in keeping warm, especially if the cat goes outdoors. As they age when they go out on long jaunts their body temperature may start to drop when they come back in and start to cool down, so winter boots may be a temporary option until the cat warms up again.
There are certain pros and cons to having cats wear winter boots. It's true that when there is snow and ice outside, your pets paws can freeze and the snow can pack in between it's toes, and if there is salt out on the driveways then he can track that salt into the house and onto your carpets. But if you use winter boots on a cat and let him go outside unsupervised you are also taking away his defenses, because a cat uses his claws to defend himself against other animals, and when he has boots on, well, he just isn't able to use those claws as well.
Cat boots can be used as a decorative style or as a way to warm his paws up when he comes back inside, but it's probably not such a good idea to let him out on his own with cat boots on.
The pet clothing fashions are cute and can be used on cats. There are little sweaters and boots available, but should probably be enjoyed at home, and left off if your cat goes outside. The best way to let your cat avoid getting cold is probably by keeping him inside where it's warm and toasty. Most of the time the cat will sniff outside when it's really cold and turn his back and decide to stay inside anyway.